Honoring Trailblazers on International Day of Rural Women
On October 15th, 2023, the Network of Rural Women Producers Trinidad and Tobago proudly commemorated the International Day of Rural Women, applauding the extraordinary achievements of women who have catalyzed significant change within their communities. These exceptional individuals have not only showcased unwavering dedication but have also contributed substantially to various fields, ranging from entrepreneurship and education to community development and poverty alleviation. Their relentless efforts have been pivotal in fostering a more inclusive and empowered future for all.
Join us in recognizing and celebrating the following remarkable women for their outstanding contributions:
- Afeisha Bethelmy for her outstanding work in Entrepreneurship and Tourism 2023, creating pathways for sustainable development and growth in the region.
- Fanta Pierre-Sandy for her relentless efforts in Sandy Education and HIV/AIDS Health – Tobago 2023, advocating for awareness and fostering a healthier community
- Berhona Jardine for her significant contributions to the development of Business Chamber Culture/Sports 2023, fostering a vibrant and culturally rich environment for the local community.
- Merle Theroulde-John for her exemplary work in Cultural and Community Development 2023, nurturing a sense of belonging and cultural pride among the people.
- Eco Truffles for their outstanding contribution as One Company Honoring Progress 2012 – 2023, exemplifying the spirit of sustainability and progress through their innovative practices.
- June Junet Lashley for her dedicated efforts in youth development through Sports 2023, nurturing young talents and fostering a culture of teamwork and resilience.
- Ann Marie Quammie-Alleyne for her unwavering support to Civil Society 2023, advocating for social justice and fostering a more equitable society.
- Sherry Ann Ramkhelawan for her exceptional work in Family farming, community gardens, and Youth development 2023, ensuring food security and fostering a sense of community among the youth.
- Carol Vidale for her relentless dedication to poverty elevation and providing food to the underprivileged in 2023, making a significant difference in the lives of those in need.
- Eutrice Anselma Garcia for her commendable contributions to the local community through her small business in local wines 2023, showcasing the richness of local produce and cultural heritage.
These exceptional women exemplify resilience, dedication, and compassion, serving as inspiring role models for generations to come. On this International Day of Rural Women, we celebrate their outstanding contributions and reaffirm our commitment to supporting their noble endeavors.
In addition to honoring these remarkable individuals, the Network of Rural Women Producers TT acknowledges the observance of the 17 days of Activism, which includes the International Day of the Rural Woman 2023, World Food Day, and World Poverty Day. These collective efforts have been instrumental in recognizing and empowering rural women, fostering sustainable development, and enhancing the economy of Trinidad and Tobago.
Congratulations to all the awardees for their exceptional contributions to their communities, enriching the lives of many, and making a significant impact on the nation. Together, we continue to work towards building a more equitable and prosperous society. Happy International Day of Rural Women!